Updating the firmware on your lighting products will help them continue functioning properly.
For All ZigBee ProductsIf you have a LIGHTIFY Gateway, you can update the firmware on your products at any time. If you are using a hub other than the LIGHTIFY Gateway to control your lights, you will need to remove them from your set up, pair them to the LIGHTIFY hub to update, then re-pair them back to your system.
If you are a SmartThings user, you can enable OTA updates through the SmartThings IDE.
- Visit graph.api.smartthings.com and login using your SmartThings username and password.
- Click My Locations
- Select your Hub
- Click View Utilities
- Under ZigBee OTA, click Allow OTA for all devices
Although updates are now enabled, you may still need to manually check the firmware on your device to make sure it is up to date.
- Select the My Devices tab
- Click on a device you’d like to check
- Under Firmware, you will see the Current Version and Target Version. If they are different, there is an update available.
- Click Check Now to check for updates and apply them to your product.
Wink UsersPeriodically, Wink willl push OTA updates for SMART+ products. This must be enabled in your settings. View those instructions here. If you are looking to update products immediately, you will need a LIGHTIFY Gateway.
For Bluetooth (HomeKit) Products
If you are using Apple HomeKit, simply download the SYLVANIA Smart Home app from the App Store. This app is only used for updating the firmware on your products, and does not include additional features for controlling lights.