Troubleshooting the SYLVANIA Smart Home App with your Bluetooth Products

Below are some frequently asked questions about the SYLVANIA Smart Home app:

Q. I can’t control my lights. What can I do to fix this?

• You need a network connection, either via cellular data or WiFi, to control your lights. Try closing out of the app, then reopening it to reestablish this connection.

• SYLVANIA SMART+ Bluetooth products use Bluetooth Mesh technology to extend the range of control. However, if you are too far away, connection won’t be established. Try moving closer to the product or add additional SMART+ Bluetooth lights and accessories across your home to extend the range of your control.

• Check your products for firmware updates. These updates help ensure you are running the latest firmware version on your lights for optimal experience.

• If the above methods don’t work, you may need to remove the product from your setup and re-pair it to the app.

Q. My network status says it’s Unable to Connect with a Device. What do I do?
A. First, ensure you have strong cell signal on your phone or that you are connected to WiFi. Then, simply try closing out of the app and reopening it to re-establish a network connection.

Q. I’d like to share access with others in my household. Can I have more than one person on my account?
A. Currently, you can only have one email associated with an account. However, this account can be signed into from multiple devices at the same time.

Q. Can I create schedules to automatically turn my lights on and off?
A. Currently, within the SYLVANIA Smart Home app, scheduling lights is not available. However, both the Amazon Alexa and Google Home apps offer scheduling features. Keep in mind for these schedules to execute, a network connection must be established for your lights. (see statement below)

Q. Can I control my lights away from home?
A. To control your lights, you must have a network connection and be within range of your SYLVANIA SMART+ Bluetooth products. If you are out of range (i.e. at the office) you will not be able to control your lights. However, if there is an Android phone or tablet (using Android 6.0) on and connected to a network within the house, this device will be in range of your products and you will be able to control them while you’re not at home. Simply download and sign into the app, connect to a network, and make sure this phone or tablet remains connected to a network within your home.

©2017 LEDVANCE, LLC. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy.