Pairing a SYLVANIA SMART+ Bluetooth product to the SYLVANIA Smart Home app on your Android phone is quick and easy following these simple steps.
For detailed instructions with screenshots, please download the PDF below:
Bluetooth-PairingDevices.pdf (177.9 KB)
Before you begin:
- Download the SYLVANIA Smart Home app from the Google Play™ store and create an account.
- You will need a smartphone or tablet using Android 6.0 or higher and a SYLVANIA SMART+ Bluetooth product.
- Make sure the products you are pairing are plugged in and powered on.
Pairing your Product
- Once your account is created, you will be brought to My Rooms. Before adding a new product to your account, a Room must be created. Tap the Add a Room button in the upper right hand corner.
- Select a room from the list or create a new room to add your lights into.
- Once your room is created, tap the Add a Device button. Any lights you pair will now be added into this room.
- Your app will search for nearby products. If you see a “Download” icon, a firmware update is required before pairing your lights. Tap this icon to proceed with the update. If no update is required, tap the plus sign (+) to proceed with pairing. If a firmware update is applied, you will see a plus sign next to the updated product. Tap again to proceed with pairing. You lights may flash several times during this process.
- Once the device is paired, you will see a “Device Added Successfully” message. You can also test the device to ensure it was paired properly.
To Control Your SYLVANIA SMART+ Bluetooth Products
See the following instructions to learn about the features and controls of the SYLVANIA Smart Home app.
To Connect to Amazon Alexa
See the following instructions for linking your SYLVANIA SMART+ Bluetooth Lights to Amazon Alexa.
Read through our troubleshooting guide for answers to commonly asked questions.