You can now pair a SYLVANIA SMART+ Motion sensor or Contact sensor to your Amazon Echo Plus. Please note that temperature sensing is not currently supported through Amazon Echo Plus.
To get started, follow the steps listed below or view the PDF for complete screenshots of the process.
To Pair your Motion SensorYou can pair your motion sensor the same way you would any other device. Just say "Alexa, discover my devices," or follow the steps here to pair your sensor.
Creating a Routine for your SYLVANIA SMART+ Sensor
- After pairing your sensor, click on the device listed on the Smart Home screen. Then tap Create a Routine.
- Tap the Plus Sign (+) in the upper right hand corner. Tap the Plus Sign (+) next to “When this happens,” then select Device > and your motion sensor from the list of available devices.
- To create a routine when motion or contact is detected, make sure Detected is selected. Tap Save. Then Add Action > Smart Home > and select the light or plug you want to control with motion.
- Once selected, customize the light as needed by selecting the color or brightness level. Tap Next > Add.
- Repeat this process to add a new action for each light or plug you would like controlled by the sensor. When finished, tap Create.
You may also want to create a Routine to turn your devices off after a select amount of time. To do this, follow steps 1-2 to begin creating your routine. Tap Not Detected and adjust the timer for the amount of elapsed time. Tap Add Action > Smart Home > select the light and tap to make sure it’s turned off. Tap Save. Repeat this for each light or plug you would like to turn off.