How to Pair a SMART+ Device to SmartThings

Pairing a SMART+ device to your SmartThings app is quick and easy following these simple steps.

1. Make sure your SMART+ device is plugged in and powered on. If you are using a lighting product, it will flash to indicate it’s in pairing mode.

2. Open the SmartThings app and select My Home > Things

3. Tap the plus sign (+) in the upper right hand corner of the screen to add a new device
    add_device

4. SmartThings will look for nearby devices. When it finds them, you will see it displayed on your screen.

If your bulb is showing up as a “Thing,” then you will need to include a Device Handler to pair your product.

Yup, bought 4 bulbs and the app can’t discover a single one. When I turn the bluetooth on, my tablet should be able to discover them directly, but not pair. Not a single one is broadcasting. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps, did nothing. I could’ve gotten 16+ regular bulbs for what I paid for these idiot “smart” bulbs. Can’t take them back to the store because they’re used now, so I’m just supposed to eat the cost? Will NEVER buy another sylvania product.

©2017 LEDVANCE, LLC. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy.