Linking your LIGHTIFY account to Amazon Alexa will enable you to use voice commands to control your SMART+ lights. Instructions to do this are listed below. To view a step by step guide with screenshots, please see the PDF below.
AlexaVoiceControl-LIGHTIFY.pdf (662.2 KB)
- If you haven’t already, download the Amazon Alexa app. Create an account or log in to an existing Amazon account.
- To set up a new Echo device, go to the Menu > Settings > Set up New Device. Follow the instructions for setting up your Echo device.
- Once your Echo device is connected, under Menu select Skills and search for LIGHTIFY.
- Tap Enable. You will be prompted to login using your LIGHTIFY account username and password.
- Select Approve. Upon successful linking, you will be asked to Discover Devices.
After discovering your devices, you will be able to start controlling your SMART+ lights with Amazon Alexa. You can ask Alexa to do a variety of commands, such as dim the lights, change the color, or set a scene.
Please note: The Alexa skill for LIGHTIFY has been recently updated. If you are experiencing issues with your Amazon Alexa skill no longer working, you are likely using the older version. Please update your Amazon Alexa skill to the newest version of the LIGHTIFY Alexa Skill here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075T59HCN/For instructions how how to update your Alexa Skill, see instructions below.
UpdateAlexaSkill-LIGHTIFY.pdf (502.6 KB)
- Disable the existing LIGHTIFY skill by logging into the Alexa App and going to Skills > LIGHTIFY > Disable Skill
- Enable the new skill by selecting Skills under the menu and searching for LIGHTIFY V2 North America. Tap enable.
- You will be asked to login to your LIGHTIFY account and approve authorization.
- Once logged in, you will need to discover your devices again. This notification should automatically pop up. If not, you can discover devices manually by asking Alexa to “Discover my Devices” or in the app under Smart Home, select the plus sign labeled Add Device. This will rediscover your lights and accessories.