A compatible ZigBee hub, such as SmartThings, is required to use voice commands through the Google Assistant. Linking your SmartThings account to Google Assistant will enable you to use voice commands to control your SMART+ lights. Instructions for syncing your account are listed below. To view a step by step guide with screenshots, please download the PDF.
GoogleHomeVoiceControl-SmartThings.pdf (682.2 KB)
- If you haven’t already, download the Google Home app.
- Upon opening the app for the first time, you will be prompted to connect your Google Home device. Make sure it is plugged in and powered on. If you do not get this prompt, select Devices from the drop down menu, then select the plus sign. Make sure you are syncing it to the correct Google account if you have multiple listed.
- After syncing your Google Home device, go back to the menu and select Home Control.
- Tap the plus sign (+) in the bottom right hand corner to add a new device to control.
- Select SmartThings / Samsung Connect from the list.
- You will be prompted to enter in your email and password used to log in to your SmartThings account. Select your hub location and then Authorize. You can now use Google Assistant to control your SMART+ lights.